Sunday, December 25, 2016
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
While I am not a fan of Winter, I have to admit this short video of frozen location around Lake Michigan make it look like an amazing frozen fairytale Wonderland.
Friday, December 16, 2016
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Bing Crosby was a crooner that became popular in the 1930's and one of the biggest box office draws of at the movies in the 1940's with his best-known film being "White Christmas" in 1954 which is still shown at Christmas time on television to this day.
This makes it all the more odd to see him on a Christmas special back in the 1970's in the above clip with then glam/punk/new-waver David Bowie singing a duet together, but Bowie toned down his look from crazy hair and psychedelic jumpsuit and makeup and they actually look and sound good together.
Saturday, December 10, 2016
Friday, December 9, 2016
Chucky, Tiffany and Glen/Glenda dolls.
As this was the most popular post on my prior blog so I moved the picture here along with the Child's Play movie reviews.
"Child's Play" movies:
- "Child's Play" - The movie was serious, dark and disturbing. Serial Killer Charles Lee Ray is shot and uses voodoo to cast his spirit into a "Good Guy" doll. Andy Barclay, is a little boy who wants a doll for Christmas and his mom, Karen, buys the possessed doll in a back alley transaction. Chucky has to find a human host or he will be trapped in the doll forever, and he chooses Andy. To find out what happens, you can watch the movie for free online at Internet Movie Database (IMDB) here.
- "Child's Play 2" - Andy has been put into foster care and the makers of the "Good Guy" dolls make more dolls and, you guessed it, Chucky is back and tracking Andy down. To watch the trailer at IMDB click here.
- "Child's Play 3" - It is several years later and Andy is now a teen in military school and the toymaker, more likely due to greed than the desire to be "green" recycles materials from old "Good Guy" dolls and you guess it, Chucky is back again. To watch the trailer at IMDB click here
- "Bride of Chucky" - This time Henry Lee Ray's old girlfriend, Tiffanny (portrayed by Jennifer Tilly) who is also a serial killer gets the dolls remains and performs a ritual to bring him back to so they can get married; as he has other plans. This also stars John Ritter as the cop uncle trying to stop his teen niece, portrayed by Katherine Heigl, from eloping with her boyfriend. Chucky and Tiffany have their sites on the the young lovebirds as their new host bodies. This is more campy humor than true horror and I liked it better than its predecessors. To watch the trailer at IMDB click here.
- "Seed of Chucky" - This time the offspring of Tiffany and Chucky, a mild mannered doll who is enslaved as by a man in a freak side show until he sees on the television where a movie is being made about about Chucky and Tiffany and sees that Chucky has the same "Made In Japan" stamp that he has as escapes and mails himself to Hollywood in search of his "parents" and this time he is the one the performs the ritual on the movie dolls that are possessed by Chucky and Tiffany. This one is even campier than the last one as it has Jennifer Tilly as herself portraying the lead in the Chucky movie in the movie. One of my favorite scenes is where they Chucky doll runs a car off of the road which is supposed to be Brittney Spears (music similar to hers is blasting out of her convertible) and then says "Ooops, I did it again". To watch the trailer for this movie at IMDB click here.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Who remembers seeing these at your Grandma's or Great-Grandma's house as a kid? I remember getting yelled at as I always wanted to touch it and was told not so as it might fall off the wall and break.
"Melted Popcorn" Christmas decorations, which were melted bits of plastic that resembled popcorn, were popular during the 1950's and 1960's. They featured child-like primary colored Christmas objects and it is because they sort of looked like a 3D kid's drawing they were so popular. What could be more fun that popcorn and kids at Christmas.
I haven't personally seen these even in thrift stores or garage anywhere since the late 1980's, but I did find a place online that sells crafty creations like this at Art Of Christmas (but have never purchased anything from them and in no way affiliated with them).
Does anyone else remember seeing these or stories to share about them? If so, please feel free to share in the comments section.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Monday, December 5, 2016
It is not every day you will see a pair or singing contractors, let alone a pair that will do as well as this duo in delivering a powerful rendition of "Mary Did You Know" acapella in an empty garage.