Sunday, August 11, 2019

UNUSUAL AD: What Happens In the Litter Box Should Stay In the Litter Box

This as I spotted on the back of a magazine for Arm and Hammer Cloud Control Cat Litter and is one of the more unusual print ads I have seen recently.

When I first saw it I found it a bit jarring, gross (I was eating a sandwich at the time) and amusing all at the same time. 

The ad does succeed in grabbing your attention (not every day you see a cat dressed in a Michael Jackson puffer jacket wearing a face mask and scooping out litter), makes it clear what how it is to help you and your cat(s) and yourself by not dealing with the nasty catbox dust, displays a picture of the product so you know what to look for at the store and the brand name so in that, it is.   In that, I would say the ad is very successful.  Have scooped many a cat box in my life, I guess I personally could have done with less realistic looking litter.

Below is an ad on Youtube with the same "What Happens In the Litter Box Should Stay In the Litter Box" and it appears that the cat is not CGI, but an actor in a plushy cat costume, but at least there are no cat box clump close-ups

What do you think of this ad?

No comments:

Post a Comment