Friday, November 15, 2019

Lucille Ball With Her Natural Hair Color


Photo:  Source

If you are under 30 you may not have heard or Lucille Ball unless you watch Nick at Night or TV Land, but your parents and grandparents likely will as she was a comedic legend and probably the first female comedy superstars.  She is known for her signature red hair and looks much different without it.

When I was a kid, I heard tales of "I Love Lucy" show from the 1950s., where Lucy's antics would get her into one pickle or another and her Cuban born bandleader many times trying to bail her out of jams.  We watched rerun when I was a kid and I didn't really get the comedy, but then again I was more interested in cartoons.

She did have a show in the 70's called  Here's Lucy where she played a widow who worked for her brother-in-law and was raising her two teenagers (played by her real-life son and daughter) and I recall my Mom loved watching it and I enjoyed it more than the few black and white episodes I had seen of "I Love Lucy".

Above is photo of Comic legend Lucille Ball from 1931 with her natural dark hair color when she was 21 years old. 

Below is a short video of the iconic scene where she was employed briefly in a chocolate factory.


No comments:

Post a Comment