Wednesday, November 20, 2019

VINTAGE AD: 1969 Hot Dr.Pepper


Photo:  obsequies/Flickr - Found in Good Housekeeping magazine, February 1969.

The above is an ad that first appeared around the Holidays in 1968, but the above is from Good Housekeeping magazine's February 1969 issue.


My Mom made this around the Holidays when I was a kid and it might be interesting to try at your own holiday get together to introduce a 50-year-old trend to a new generation.

I was initially not thrilled as we were only allowed to have a soda pop once a week and I was not thrilled to have it wasted on some trend she had read in a magazine, but after I got over the initial shock of wanting an ice-cold soda and being a hot one, it did grow on me.   

Heating it up does seem to bring out the spiciness more and could be a bit overpowering, but the addition of the lemon helps to balance it out the sweet and spicy taste of Dr. Pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment